Cannot install any new software & updates after using Norton Ghost 9.0 System Restore

By starvista9
Jan 12, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After I perform a System Restore using Norton Ghost 9.0 my computer works great and is stable. At the time I created the Ghost Image(1/8/05) I had all the current Microsoft updates at the time minus SP2 and all my video/audio/hardware(mouse) drivers were up to date. I did a virus scan and a Spyware and adware scan withAd-Aware/Spybot and Spysweeper. My PC was bare bones when I made the Ghost Image. Also if 100% free of dust and does not over heat.

Here is what I don't understand, I have Norton Antivirus 2005. The Anitvirus works fine if I don't install any new programs. If I install anything new, then perform a Full System Virus Scan, Norton scans every file, but when its finished it says it only scanned 95 files because not all of Nortons files loaded or are missing.. If I rescan with Norton my PC restarts and I get a blue screen. The Blue Screen goes by so quick I can't read it.

Please keep in mind this only happens after I install new software and/or Microsoft Critical Secruity updates.

My next idea is to do another Ghost Image Restore , and remove Norton antivirus first, then re-install it and see if that helps things.

* If anyone is familiar with using Restore Images can you please help me out. I don't understand what is happening*

Thank you
    Sam
  2. Saddleback

Saddleback Newcomer, in training

Ghost 9 issues

When and if you get your problem resvolved, I recommend doing your backup and restores with Ghost 2003. It came with your Ghost 9 and claimed it was for earlier operating systems. Ghost 9 is really a product formerly called Drive Image. I hope you get out of the problem you have without having to reinstall everything.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.