cannot log in to the windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatality

i'm using windows xp. since yesterday, i'm not able to log-in to the windows. as soon as i log in the windows logs-off just like that. what may be the problem? i've tried to log in to the safe mode and also tried last known good configuration. but still can't log into the windows. apart reinstalling the windows is there any solution??? help!!!

no error message no restart or fatal shutdowns. when i login to the windows, as soon as the desktop background shows up. the windows logs off automatically; i think this has to do something with winlogon.exe. any suggestion how to recover from this. i've tried the code "copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe" in the recovery console, did not work for me.

till yesterday i did not see any error message but today i saw an error message stating "the windows cannot log me in to my profile because it is being used by another process or service" someting like that. now can anyone tell me whats going on?

Try pressing F8 during erly boot and selecting safe mode and see if you can get in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back