Cannot logon to windows due to virus

Inactive
By helpmeplease2
Apr 28, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My computer has a Win:32 Vitro virus and while I was in the middle of removing it, my computer crashed. Now I turn my computer on, it goes to Windows and asks for the HP_Administrators password. When I hit enter (there is no password) it starts to logon but then suddendly says logging off and goes back to the logon screen. To finish removing the virus I need to be able to logon. Is there any way that I can fix this without taking my computer to an expert, because I cannot afford to have it fixed by someone.

I would be very greatful to anyone who can help me.
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Try booting into safe mode (press F8 before Windows starts to load) or using a recovery CD from Avira which scans outside of Windows.
  3. helpmeplease2

helpmeplease2 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks,

Same thing happens in safemode. Where do I get a recovery cd that boots outside of windows?
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Boot to the Recovery Console.
  5. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Due to inactivity, this thread is being closed.

If you need it reopened, please send a PM to your helper. This applies only to the member who started the thread.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.