Cannot Network My Pc To Home Pc For Wifi Connection!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejoejoe

IM TRYING TO CONNECT MY PC (JOEJOEJOE) TO MY HOME PC (EOJEOJEOJ) BY WI-FI. PLEASE HELP. (check my profile for my pcs specs.) my home pc is connected by sky broadband with a netgear wireless router. i have installed the adapter and software for the wireless gear. i have searched for available networks bt cnt access my home network. also the asus software keeps on being disabled by itself. i can enable it but it keeps disabling by itself. also i cannot select any of the menus on the softwares start up screen. what do i do next plz help!!!

Rule of thumb..

1. disable the wireless in windows
2. enable the wired in windows
3. if you get conneced on the wired in windows great if not?
4. if you great you're connected then enable the wireless got to 6.
5. if not so great you need to trouble shoot your router to see why it can't see the your PC, make sure DHCP is enabled
6. wait the wireless to connect again if it doesn't connect make sure got to step 5.

Also do this...
click on start
click on run
type: cmd
type: ipconfig /all make sure you don't see the 169.xxx address if you see that then better off rebooting the PC and reseting the router..

reply plz

thanx tipstir. once i did run-cmd-ipconfig it stated that the asus software was disconnected. i do not have the software cd to re install it as i bought my pc from a pc shop where they made it according to my specs. they never gave me the cd. how would i re-connect the software to gain an internet connection? it seems to be installed ok, however i cannot select any icons...they are grey and un-selectable....

Then you need to go to the ASUS web site to get the drivers you need for your system wireless network card.

reply plz...

hey thanks i did so and managed to get the wifi software working again. how do i connect my wifi, pc (joejoejoe) to the main home broadband pc (eojeojeoj) which has a router and is already set up with internet access? please help...i just don't know where to start.

Good job!

Did you setup password protection WEP encryption on the router?

Example. Joenet (workgroup)
SSID: wireless router (Joenet)

On the laptop you setup the wireless LAN using SSID name in the router.
then connect to the wireless network using WEP(password encryption) this has to match what you gave it on your wireless router for WEP. They both have to match otherwise you cannot connect to your wireless router.

The above not hard to do, but take your time.
When you right click on wireless settings on your NIC card for your laptop there should be something called view wireless networks This is what you need to configure. Or Choose Wireless Connection. In your case it's called joejoejoe connect this network.

er still having problems.... i dnt have a laptop...my pc (joejoejoe) cannot select wireless settings on my pc. I can only select internet options and network connections in the control panel....

Yes --- You're on a different time frame than me so it will take sometime to answer your questions but I'll try.. Your 5 hrs ahead, so bear with me..

hey hey tipstir! i got a connection to the internet via a wired router! The belkin 1. However i cannot download any software onto my pc. My pc had recovered from a virus sometime ago and i had not used it for a while. I am trying to re-install windows as we speak however, a message came up on the black screen stating..."INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768." and stopped the installation. This was after i pressed "any key" to install it! any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back