Cannot Ping Friend's IP

Hello. Me and my friends all chat/play games over my buddy's IP. One night a few weeks ago, I suddenly wasn't able to connect to my buddy's Terraria server. Then I went to jump in Teamspeak -> couldn't connect to his address. I ran a ping test and found that I can't reach his IP anymore.

I tried using another computer, nothing. I bypassed my router, nothing.

Please, can anyone shed some intelligence my way? Thank you. :)

It sounds like his wan ip changed from his ISP. If he is not paying for a static ip that public ip will only be leased out for a short amount of time. Have you friend go to ip chicken.com and see if that ip matches the one you have for your game server. You can use a dynamic DNS service to resolve the ip changing issue such as dun DNS or no-ip. These services will allow you to use a host name that will sync with your always changing IP address so you won't have to worry. Let me know if this helped.

No go. My friend helped me out and we ruled that all my ports work as they should, and that everything on his end checks out well and good. I should also mention the he uses a static IP as well as I. We are both using the same ISP as well.

It sounds like his wan ip changed from his ISP. If he is not paying for a static ip that public ip will only be leased out for a short amount of time. Have you friend go to ip chicken.com and see if that ip matches the one you have for your game server. You can use a dynamic DNS service to resolve the ip changing issue such as dun DNS or no-ip. These services will allow you to use a host name that will sync with your always changing IP address so you won't have to worry. Let me know if this helped.

No go. My friend helped me out and we ruled that all my ports work as they should, and that everything on his end checks out well and good. I should also mention the he uses a static IP as well as I. We are both using the same ISP as well.

Oh wow so using a static now from time to time ISP's block ports what port's are you using? Did you try plugging in the port numbers to http://canyouseeme.org/ that will tell you if it is able to pass the port. Did your friend get new anti virus or a router? Do you have windows firewall enabled or a rule put in there to allow your port through. Not too much could go wrong haha. Ok ill look further.

Update! Still no go. I replaced my router to no avail. But I did find out something interesting... I still cannot connect to my friend's TS server, but I can connect to the public TS server. So we could all jump into our own channel and chat just fine, but the problem still persists.

Another thing, I decided to play Minecraft the other day, and found that that I could not connect to server I usually frequent. So it's not just my buddy's IP, it might be something more... Again any wisdom would be fantastic! :cool:

Back