Cannot Re Install Windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesh

hi

i had vista home premium edition installed on my machine and for some reason it was picking up my Seagate ST3200822A Barracuda Plus 200GB as offline, so i thought it will work if i just do a format, so i plugged it into my other machine and backed the data up. (Then the problems started) i put it back into the vista machine and vista would not load, said there was a hardware problem, told me to put the installation dvd back in the drive and ran a repair tool. so i put the vista installation dvd into the dvd drive and chose to boot from the dvd. A message appeared saying "please wait loading files", the progress bar fills up and then nothing! it seems the machine just crashes! so i cant even re install windows!!

then i thought i could reinstall xp back and get some functionality, when the machine boots off the xp cd, the setups starts and i get the blue install screen, then it hangs on "starting windows setup!" i took the drive out and put it in my other machine as a slave and then formatted it. I put it back into the vista machine and still no joy! ive cleared bios and i still cant install windows!

can anyone help me?? is there a motherboard reset that i can do?

thanks

my spec is :

Gigabyte GA-7N400PRO2 motherboard
Crucial 2gb DDR 400MHz/PC3200
Maxtor 40 IDE HD
Seagate ST3200822AS Barracuda 200GB
AMD Athlon XP3200+ Socket A Barton
Sapphire Radeon X1650 PRO

Try to do a chkdsk /r on you drive or if you have spinrite 6 (this is better ) you can run that. You may have bad sectors on your drive.
Other things you can try:
Change your dvd/cd rom drive
Try using another controller on the motherboard.(used cd rom controler and slave your HD )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back