Cannot run/install malware removal programs/computer locks up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello -
I am here asking this question for my girlfriend. Over the past couple of days, her computer has had problems with Google redirecting her on the internet (which has since subsided). She has also had issues with running Malwarebytes - she tried to reinstall it and it gave her the error that she does not have access to the appropriate files, etc. She runs McAfee on Windows XP and it has also been disabled several times by something running on her computer. McAfee also has problems scanning her computer for viruses. In addition to all of this, it is causing her computer, mainly Mozilla, to lock up and force her to restart. I really need some help to get her computer up and running correctly again. Any information/help would be appreciated.

It sounds like there is serious infection. Please read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky in this forum and follow all the steps -- don't skip any and make sure you attach the three required logs in your next reply.

By the way, McAfee is very poor in detection rates, etc. There are much better solutions.

I really need some help to get her computer up and running correctly again. Any information/help would be appreciated.

If you still have the problems and would like help, please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back