Cannot turn computer on

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomrice32

Hi :)

Wondering if anyone could help, I have an emachines 220 PC. One night I woke up and a yellow LED on the front was flashing. Whatever I did the computer would do nothing, so I pulled the power cord out to stop it. When I plugged it back in today, it just started flashing again. The computer is off but it still flashes, I can press or hold the power button or any button for ages and it will not do anything. It just flashes this yellow light. Any ideas? :s

Thanks

-Tom

Check the power supply. tester's are relatively cheap, or take the PSU to a repaior shop and let them test it. if you have another PSU available you could try hooking that up.

iss said:
Check the power supply. tester's are relatively cheap, or take the PSU to a repaior shop and let them test it. if you have another PSU available you could try hooking that up.

Only if a normal PSU can fit in that emachines case...

Do the fans spin, or everything is dead except the leds?

Only if a normal PSU can fit in that emachines case...

overlooked the part about it being an emachine...ugghh... lots of suddenly dead mobo's on emachines so that could be the problem. my adivce is salvage what parts you can from the emachine buy what components you need and build a real computer.

I agree with Iss. Build a real computer, emachines uses low quality components, especially motherboards and power supplies...

Hmm I'm not too hot on hardware, I've taken the computer to a shop and told them what I know and they'll take a look at it. If it costs too much to get it fixed I'll buy a real computer lol. Didn't know that emachines was considered so poor. Thanks for your advice :)

The problem with Emachines is they use poor quality motherobards (trigem) and substandard and underpowered power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back