TechSpot

Cannot Uninstal PicoZip

By HeliTramp
May 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi
    I installed PicoZip for a trial and after I had adjusted the time/date recieved a message from the programe that by having done this I need to contact their marketing section, which I did. Meanwhile I now cannot open zip documents; even with WinZip, as Pico Zip has it seems, first choice. PicoZip will not uninstall while this problem exists. Pico Zip marketing has not replied to my email. Can anyone advise me how I can neuter PicoZip? Thanks
  2. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

Have you tried in Windows Explorer
    Navigate to Tools | Folder Options | File Types
    Select .zip
    then change to Winzip or another program

This should allow you to open files and may let you delete PicoZip
  3. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 593

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

It does not pay to try and bypass a trial-period by changeing the system date/time.
    By contacting them, they now know your identity and that you 'tampered' with the program, or tried to use it in an illegal way. Clever boy!
    Nex time, uninstall at the end of the trial period, or buy it.
    'nuff said.
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Even better, next time don't install rubbish shareware on your machine. Don't bother with these kinds of companies either, they are utter rubbish too - poor customer relations, lack of proper technical understanding, high turnovers of staff. They don't care about you at all. They care about staying in business. I would take the above mentioned steps to change the file association, then remote the picozip files from your hard drive, then clear out the entries in the registry. Better still, format your machine and vow never to install rubbish again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.