TechSpot

Cannot use EXE files at college

By tepster
Mar 20, 2006
  1. At college, im not able to use an exe files whatsoever. The security system has blocked them, so when i go to open putty.exe for example, a message saying blocked by adminstrator comes up.

Is there any way to get around this? We use windows xp operating systems, and i have tried every way in the book to try and get around the security, but i just cant do it.

I want to use my compilers in school :(

2. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

You really should ask the Sys Admin about what you want to do. I think you need to be fair to them , it is very expensive to setup/maintain College size networks.
    Give them the benefit of the doubt, they may have procedures in place to accommodate what you are after.

3. tepster

tepster TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

I already have, he is clueless to be honest, and say they cant permit exe's to be allowed because somebody messed up the system beforehand. I have hours free every day at college, and cant do anything :|

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

find a computer that doesn't belong to the college and run it. (Prefarably your own)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.