1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Canon Powershot A75 not wanting to upload pics to computer

By gamergirl ยท 6 replies
Feb 15, 2007
  1. My Canon Powershot A75 camera has been able to upload from the usb cable for awhile now. All of a sudden the other day it stopped working. I can still take pictures and I am pretty sure (have not tried yet), but I think I can still get them off the memory card. Anywho, if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks a bunch :p

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Try a different usb cable and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

3. gamergirl

gamergirl TS Rookie Topic Starter

Have...still nothing. ;/

4. howard_hopkinso

Is Windows recognising the device is connected? I.E does it show up in my computer? Also, I suggest you try getting the pics of the memory card, just to check.

5. gamergirl

gamergirl TS Rookie Topic Starter

I run on a iMac..800MHz PowerPC G4 512MB SDRAM...I've uploaded to this computer before (hundreds of times) and back then it recognized it just fine. I even tried it on a MacMini and it still didn't come up. ;/

6. howard_hopkinso

It`s starting to sound like a faulty usb port on the camera. I don`t know what else to suggest, other than taking it in for checking/repair.

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,722   +405

You could pick yourself up one of those 3,000-n-1* multimedia card readers and just pull the card out of the camera and put it in there, saves battery life too.

*May have been exaggerated a little.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.