Cant access drive normally.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have recently added a new maxtor 200gig drive to my computer, in order to do this i had to take out my zip drive, i never use it now days anyway, so of course, i also removed the iomega tools from my system as i should no longer need them now. Anyway, the drive went in fine, i have left it as one large partion, and windows does see it, and i can get into it, the strange thing is, i cant get into it by simple going to my computer and double clicking on it, if i do it just opens up the file search window, my other drive, which is partioned into 3 drives, C, D, and E also now have the smae problem, if i right click on them and select open i can get into them fine, but it is a bit annoying.

When i first installed the new drive, it was assigned F as its letter, the same as the zip drive, but with that letter it didnt have a icon symble, i'm guessing cos i removed the iomega tools and the zip drive had its own little symble, so i changed it to I, but i still have the problem of the drives opening directly.

Can anyone surgest what i should do to get it back to normal, the situation doesnt seem to be effecting the way any programs or windows itself, its just annoying...

And just incase, i'm running windows XP sp2 with an AMD 2600+ processor on an Abit nf7-m motherboard and 2 maxtor drives, the 120gig split into 3 and the 200gig as 1 partion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back