Can't access internet via IE or Firefox

By techgirl
Feb 18, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If someone can help me out by taking a look at this log file I would appreciate it. I have removed viruses and spyware and also download the MVHost program to fix my hosts file but still get page can not be displayed on the internet. System restore was not enabled so I can't just go back. Please help.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

5. techgirl

techgirl Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Results to scans

OK, I ran everything that was suggested and made the deletions according to the txt file. I was unable to download Adaware without purchasing but everything else went. I believe I still need to do the LSPfix. I am still and have been able to get IP addressing when doing IPCONFIG /all. My DNS servers start with 24.247. I can ping www.yahoo.com and www.google.com but not www.msn.com. I get a request timed out on MSN. I am attaching my log files. Thanks for all of your help.
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

You don`t have to pay for Adaware se. Get it HERE. Click on Ad-Aware personal in the lefthand column. Download it, update it, and run it. Delete whatever it finds.

Also, you are infected by the vundo trojan. Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Once you`ve done that, run the lspfix, then post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.