Can't add monitor, screen flickers when scrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapsi

Okie,

I had to format my HDD, and everything was installed properly except the graphics card and monitor. That's my guess because of these problems:

1. When I scroll up/down websites with images/photo - it's seems to like flciker - NOt exactly but kind of it's not SMOOTH scrolling.
2. I clicked on CPanel to updated my monitor drivers - I does not let me. the button is unselected so I can't click and nothing happens.
3. When I play files in WINDOWS media player - it works fine on 100% but the moment I goto 200% it slows down and I need to keep the mouse in the play screen. If I move it out from the video display area, the MOVIE will snail.

And yes if this helps - Everythime I computers boots - it tells me that the SM Bus Controller is not installed. I don't know which CD would have the right software but I tried to auto-install. didn't happen.

I have a Pentium 4 1.7 GHZ intel motherboard. 810 AP or something like that ...

Let me know what's missing Thanks for you help.

Thanks now I am atleast on a path. Considering I have no clue where my Motherboard Chipset Driver CD would be.. Can you tell me how do I identify my motherboard type from the PC. Some model number etc.

Then maybe I can look up on google for Driver Downloads and install them.

And when you say re-install? How do I go about removing the old ones? Or can I just OVERWRITE them?

Thanks for the help and support.

Hey thanks vegas - this worked real fine. I had messed up the chipset family that's why it was going wrong. but the chipset identification utility from Intel's website helped me.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back