Can't boot with new Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Hey everyone,

I've recently gave my other computer to my brother (because he broke his) and I had to get me a new one. I actually didn't get a new computer, I customly built my own. It has a Asus Mobo the PHQ3-PRO. However, with all the new goodies, there comes the baddies. I tried booting it up after everything was in place and now when I try to boot off my HDD (that has Windows XP installed in it that I kept before I gave it to my brother), I get the message that there was a recent hardware or software change or problem and it won't start windows. It gives me the option to
A) Start windows in safe mode.
B) Start windows with last known good configuration.
C) Start windows in safe mode using command prompt.
D) Start windows normally.
I have tried these things but after I select one, it just gives me a blank screen and runs back through the boot sequence again. Now I'm back to square one-which option do you want to start windows with??
Does this mean that I need to re-install windows XP? Or is it something else?
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

...You're trying to run Windows XP with an absolutely different set of hardware than it has device drivers for. You're best off just reinstalling Windows XP after swapping out a motherboard, let alone an entire system worth of hardware :).

So, yes, reinstalling XP should solve your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back