Can't burn anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what I try I can't seem to burn any CDs. I've purchased TDK and I/O magic CDRWs and the computer recognizes them as CD-ROM but not as burners. I can run software from the burner but I can't burn any CDs. When I check for drivers, win2k only gives me cd-rom as an option which may be the problem.

Anybody know what to do or which drivers to download and where to install them?

Please help

Tatiana :confused:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What make of cd burner are you using?

If you go to the website of your cd burner manufacturer you should be able to down load and install the drivers from there.

Hope this helps Regards Howard
gentleman.gif

I'm using I/O magic now, but the software I'm using doesn't show it in the dropdown when trying to select a drive. Its like the burner is there but isn't. When I look for updates to the driver on windows all I get is CD-rom as an option. When I go to the burner's site they only give me a driver install for win98 or less and I'm running win2k. :eek:( I'm so lost now. It was working a month ago.

I`ve just been to the i/omagic site and found several drivers dependent on your particular model.

What speed is your cd burner I.E mine is 52x32x52 please try and be specific.

Also is it an internal or an external drive? :grinthumb

I've purchased TDK and I/O magic CDRWs

CDRWs can be a very picky media. For example, if I place older 4x CDRWs (very common CDRWs to find at retail stores), my 24x writer does not detect them. If I use 12x or better, it works like a charm.

The point of this being, don't blame the burner and the software just yet. Try some regular CD-R discs and see if you have the same problem.

If you still have problems, or you'd like to try a different software to rule out the IO magic software being the problem, try this free CD burning program:
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

You can also download a demo of Nero, which is a very good CD burning program. www.nero.com. It's not free though.

cant burn

hi..
afew things may be a t fault here.
1. you dont know how to use the software.
2. your FIRMWARE for the cd writer is out of date.
3. most likeley the cd writer is to new for the software so it doesnt recognise it.

get the writer bang up to date then download nero from ahead.com . the best there as a cd writnig software,,and use that..the type or make of cd's you use wont make a diff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back