Cant burn DVDs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

originaldeadman

Hey guys! I have a problem with a DVD drive. Its a SONY DVD RW DW-Q120A and i should be able to burn DVDs but i cant! Im currently using Nero 7 Premium and have no problem burning CDs. I download a lot using bittorrent so instead of keeping everything on my hard disk i was thinking of burning them all on DVDs and here is my problem. A little help would be appreciated :/

How old is the drive. How much use has it had?
Optical drives are famous for early failures. DVD drives seldom last a year... much less if heavily used. Sony drives are not known for reliability.
Replacing the driver for $25 to $35 is probably an easier choice than trying to fix that one. Plextor, Yamaha, Samsung, LG and LiteOn are all more reliable for DVD burning than that Sony.
Three laser circuits to burn out or go out of alignment. Drive belts and wheels to wear or slip. When you stop using your Sony, tear it apart to see how much there is to fail from heat or wear.

I have been using it for a year or so. Mainly for burning CDs, which i have never had trouble to do but i've never been able to burn a DVD! It was as if Nero didnt recognize the blank DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back