Cant burn music cd cue sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SornyPanafonic

hey i have some cue sheets for some music files that i cant seem to be able to burn. the main problem seems to be a lack of software that works. i have cdrwin which seems to be the fav for cue sheet burning but i dont think it works with my lite on (LDW-811S) dvd burner. I keep getting "Error: 'START DAO RECORDING' command failed on device 1:1:0 Disc type is not supported". dont know what to do about it, ive tried nothing and am all out of ideas :haha: . much thanks for any ideas.

Why are you trying to use a .cue sheet to burn music anyway? Why not just burn it directly to the CD or DVD with nero or something of that sort?

Sounds like the disc image file may not be compatable with CDRWIN (multi-session maybe?). The CDR disc you used may even be the wrong type. Try downloading the latest version of CDRWIN, alternatively, try extracting the files using a program such as ISOBuster (or any other CD image editing software), then creating a new compilation disc with suitable CDR software.

Like Nic said see if you can use ISOBuster on it, although I think Nero 6 will do cues.

Unlike Nic though I do not recommend dling the new CDRWIN (version 5), it caused me nothing but headaches when I had it, I had pretty good luck with some of the 3.x ones though.

ive been using 3.9f but ima uninstall it and try 3.8

the reason i want to burn these files is that i dont have the original cds and most are live thingies anyways - everyone else seems to be able to burn with cdrwin but mine for some reason doesnt.

i was thinking maybe because im trying to use a dvd burner instead of a cd burner but i dont see how that would affect anything. also as for my cdrs - theyre imitaion (700mb/80min variety).

as a side note the cue files work with foobar2000 but that doesnt help the whole burning aspect of it as all i can do is listen to them. much thanks for all your help.

sooo ive given up on actually burning a cue sheet...now tho im trying to find a good mp3 cutter (and yes ive tried mp3cutter - but i have no freakin' idea on how to get it to work). if anyone has a good mp3cutting tool please let me know. much thanks.

im at 100 posts!!! i would like to thanks all at techspot, the mods, the supporters, the people, my peoples, and everyone who has responded with a good post that has made me wanna talk back... see you at 500! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! :D :D :D

;)

Nero 5.x or newer can burn cue files for sure. I don't know about anything before that though. If you use CDRWin please stay away from ver 5. It's a piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back