cant burn music cd cue sheet

By SornyPanafonic
Jun 16, 2004
  1. hey i have some cue sheets for some music files that i cant seem to be able to burn. the main problem seems to be a lack of software that works. i have cdrwin which seems to be the fav for cue sheet burning but i dont think it works with my lite on (LDW-811S) dvd burner. I keep getting "Error: 'START DAO RECORDING' command failed on device 1:1:0 Disc type is not supported". dont know what to do about it, ive tried nothing and am all out of ideas :haha: . much thanks for any ideas.
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Why are you trying to use a .cue sheet to burn music anyway? Why not just burn it directly to the CD or DVD with nero or something of that sort?
  3. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Sounds like the disc image file may not be compatable with CDRWIN (multi-session maybe?). The CDR disc you used may even be the wrong type. Try downloading the latest version of CDRWIN, alternatively, try extracting the files using a program such as ISOBuster (or any other CD image editing software), then creating a new compilation disc with suitable CDR software.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Like Nic said see if you can use ISOBuster on it, although I think Nero 6 will do cues.

Unlike Nic though I do not recommend dling the new CDRWIN (version 5), it caused me nothing but headaches when I had it, I had pretty good luck with some of the 3.x ones though.
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

3.8g is the way to go
  6. SornyPanafonic

SornyPanafonic TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 129

ive been using 3.9f but ima uninstall it and try 3.8

the reason i want to burn these files is that i dont have the original cds and most are live thingies anyways - everyone else seems to be able to burn with cdrwin but mine for some reason doesnt.

i was thinking maybe because im trying to use a dvd burner instead of a cd burner but i dont see how that would affect anything. also as for my cdrs - theyre imitaion (700mb/80min variety).

as a side note the cue files work with foobar2000 but that doesnt help the whole burning aspect of it as all i can do is listen to them. much thanks for all your help.
  7. SornyPanafonic

SornyPanafonic TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 129

sooo ive given up on actually burning a cue tho im trying to find a good mp3 cutter (and yes ive tried mp3cutter - but i have no freakin' idea on how to get it to work). if anyone has a good mp3cutting tool please let me know. much thanks.

im at 100 posts!!! i would like to thanks all at techspot, the mods, the supporters, the people, my peoples, and everyone who has responded with a good post that has made me wanna talk back... see you at 500! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! :D :D :D

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Nero 5.x or newer can burn cue files for sure. I don't know about anything before that though. If you use CDRWin please stay away from ver 5. It's a piece
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.