Can't change Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all I tried to reset My home page and everytime I set it to another page other than Netscape It goes right back to Netscape I have scaned my computer using all programs that I could find inclluding spybot and adaware. not real sure what step to take next? I downloaded Hijack this but am not sure at what to get rid of any help would be helpful..

Here is the Log file from Hijack

Attachments

• hijackthistxt.txt
    6 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean.

Go to whatever webpage you want to use as your home page, then click tools/options and on the general tab click use current. Click apply/ok

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ive also tried to change the homepage that way but as soon as I close the tools option window it goes right back to netscape.

Two possible things to try.

1: Try changing your homepage while in safemode with networking.

2: Get rid of Netscape altogether and try using Firefox or Opera.

Regards Howard :)

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 is what i'm using now.. Turned computer on one day and it was there dont no if it was automaticly downloaded or what but thats what I've got.

That might be the source of your problem.

I don`t recommend using beta software as the results can be unpredictable.

Uninstall IE beta 7, or try doing a system restore to before you had the problem.

which AV tools do you have?

Spywareblaster has a feature (quite nice actuall) that disables the ability to
set the browser home page -- this stops highjacking :)

Can't change my HomePage

I just tried (for the first time in months) to change my homepage, which is currently google.com. I tried several ways of changing it: typing in the new site in the tools>internet options, and then browsing to the page and clicking use current. after hitting Apply and exiting the Options Window, it resets itself to google.com.

I have googled this problem and read many things that i tried, but none of them fixed my problem. can anyone help me?

Thanks all for the Help

The problem where i couldnt change my home page was because of Zone Alarm I had to remove Zone Alarm then reinstall it..

JeffreyC said:
The problem where i couldnt change my home page was because of Zone Alarm I had to remove Zone Alarm then reinstall it..

Never heard of that problem with Zonealarm before.

Oh well, at least you problem is solved.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back