cant change reselution or colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I recently got a Compaq presario 6000 given to me. It has windows 98 on it and im having trouble with my graphics, the reselution is stuck on 640 by 480 and on color all that will show up is 2 colors and 16 colors so all pics are pretty bad looking, it has been like this since i got it a couple days ago, and the people i got it from had totaly cleaned out the hole thing so when i got it all it had was windows 98.I have tryed pressing update grapics driver but it says i best diver is alredy installed. i also have no sound yet so i am trying to figure that out.
if some one knows what i can do to fix this that would be great
Thanks
Dave

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and navigate to the downloads section for your model of computer.

Download the audio and display drivers etc. Once these are installed, you should be good to go.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ok i am on there but i have windows 98 and it only shows xp stuff but they are maching drivers, so if i download it will it still work for my computer?
thanks
dave

Can you give me the exact model of your compaq presario 6000? Example Compaq Presario 6LPPE1 Desktop PC.

I will then see if I can find drivers that will be compatible with you OS.

Regards Howard :)

Damn. I see what you mean now.

I think you have 2 choices. Either get Windows XP or contact the website above and ask them.

I have a feeling that you will be required to run XP.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back