cant choose which windows install i want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, ive been having some trouble with my computer recently. rather than re-write the whole story, ill just post a link to daniweb with all my recent problems, i hope no one minds. http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread81582.html
so basically i went to reinstall my chipset and vid drivers, couldnt move my mouse or anything, went to previous install of windows to see if it would work there, it did, installed drivers there, then it wouldnt let me choose which installation of windows i want, as before it would prompt me just after boot up. went to format drive c (orig copy of windows) to get rid of that so i could use the one on D, but setup would only recognize a windows on drive F, which actually had no windows installed on it, only some windows files i moved over from when i copied some files from drive c before i formatted it. so i need to know, how the hell do i get to where i can choose which copy of windows i want ? this whole thing is really frustrating. been dealing with it all damn day. any help would be appreciated.

Right click "MY COMPUTER"
Select "PROPERTIES"
Click the ADVANCED Tab
Click the "Settings" button on Startup and Recovery
Check the option that says "Time to display list of operating systems"

that button was already checked for 30 seconds. before it automatically gave me a choice. now it just goes ahead without asking.. any other possible solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back