Can't click on anything after first retart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just recently reinstalled XP and I am starting off fresh, the only things I installed on my computer were basic programs and some drivers. However the 2nd day whenever I shut down my computer and start it up, none of my icons work, and I get a Busy mouse icon over my start menu, the only thing I can get to work is Task manager and if I close that, it still stays on my screen. The Only way I found to fix this is restarting in safe mode under Admin, deleting my old user name, and making a new one, the same thing happens when I restart. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

When you reloaded XP, did you repartition and format? Or at least did you format?

Did you use an XP disk with Service Pack 2 on it?

Are you behind a firewall? Is it connected to the Internet during setup and after?

That behavior can be cause by a rogue program, or at least a malfunctioning program. Or driver for that matter. Did you get all the latest drivers online? Or from where?

I'm thinking if you are online, you may have contracted a virus already. If not, maybe you have a bad driver. Or maybe you didn't format?

Explain some details of the process, and be prepared you may have to reload again.

And lastly, welcome to Techspot, you will find answers here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back