Can't Complete IE 6 Download Goes to 92% and quits

By hahsofaz
Jul 30, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Help! I have a Dell Computer with Windows ME. I have been trying for days to get the download of the IE6 to install. It has downloaded and when it is installing it gets to 92% and quits. I have redone the windows and have plenty of memory left. I have tried it with the full program and the least it will install. Any answers anyone???
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

You can try downloading the IE install files on your hard disk or on another computer and then installing them locally. There are instructions on how to do this available on the internet.
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

:wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:
    I believe what Nodsu has suggested will work.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and be sure to check out this thread and introduce yourself to everyone.
  4. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

What components are you trying to install IE 6 with as well? Try it first with the minimum amount of components you can get it.
  5. hahsofaz

hahsofaz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

It did download onto my computer but will not install. It just goes to 92% and quits and tells me to try again. Then everytime I start the computer it asks if I want to run it and I have asked it to run part of it and run from beginning and it still stops at 92%. I just have to type in the setup as it is on my computer allready. I removed it and downloaded it a second time but it did not help.
  6. hahsofaz

hahsofaz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

IE6 is all that I am trying to install. Everything else installed fine. Was just updating from the microsoft page.
    Thanks again!

7. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

That's probably your explanation.

I would get hold of Windows XP and reinstall that machine, if I was you, if you are comfortable with that. If you are not, let me know and I will be glad to guide you through every last step.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.