Can't connect to Internet DHCP and renewing IP address issue

I need to know how to fix my computer. I cannot connect to the internet and I get a msg unable to contact DHCP server request timed out. Cannot renew Ip address. Did not assign a network address to computer. Please help ! I work from home and if my computer doesnt connect to the internet then I cant work.

Are you using broadband? Wired or wireless?
If you're using a router and you know its IP address you can try manually giving an IP address to your PC but it has to be in the same range as your router. That is if your router's IP is 192.168.1.1 then you'll have to specify something like 192.168.1.2 to your PC.

You may want to try taking a look here too.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114340.html

please would you do the following, if you can copy the results to the computer which is working - the easiest way is via notepad using a usb stick if you have one

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

A quick fix is to uninstall the driver and then reboot the system. Let the OS re-install the driver and the system should be able to get a new DHCP IP. If that doesn't happen then either the device is bad or something is wrong with the router in question. Either power cycle the router or do a reset. If that doesn't work then download the latest firmware from the router maker site. If that doesn't work then go and buy a new router.

Note: Did it work prior? Did anything change prior? Have you scan for pest on the system lately?

if you know the IP address of your router just type it in your browser the IP address is also available in CMD if you issue the "IPCONFIG /ALL" command. the ip address usually are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100. the username and password will mostly be "admin admin". from there set your IP address. usually a range is specified in the router. give your pc some ip from that range. specify the DNS if you have it or set it to automatic.

if this dosen't work use the above method to uninstall and then reinstall. If you can callup the ISP ask for the DNS adresses

Back