Cant Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

hood5555

i wouldnt be posting this if wasent that bad
cuz most problems i can deal with my self
i did search couldnt find anything

soo here

i have some folders that i want to delete but when ever i try it says inuse br another program but there no program useing it soo

i go in the folder and delete all the files and its done
I RIGHT CLICK THEN AND CHECK IF ANY FILES ARE IN THER BUT I SAY 1 FIle (BUT I DELTED ALL OF THEM)
but folder is still unable to delete
whats wronge
my PC IS CLEAN i cheach adaware S&B
i ran anivitus check 3 times
soo if anyone can help thanx
this a problem for some folders not all
and also whats i this thumbs.db JUST CURIOUS

It might help us a lot if you say what the folders in question are :)

Also, to answer your other question, Thumbs.db is a system created file relating to the little thumbnail images of various files you often see in various folders around your computer

It sounds to me like there is a hidden file or folder in there somewhere.

Go to Tools>>Folder Options, then click on the view tab, and choose to display hidden files and folders.

what ya gotta do is boot up in d.o.s mode, (after youve made a note of what the directory is, and what file/folder you want to delete. d.o.s mode will let you delete anything, so make sure what it is you are deleting before you delete it, so you dont delete some needed systemfile,

I use . in words so the frickin int.elli.t.xt crap wont co.rupt my message with thier annoying a.d.ds. KILLEM

On the assumption that the OS is XP (would be helpful if this info was written into peoples profiles!), there is no DOS mode to boot into.

Also, as there's no indication of the file or folder being deleted, telling someone to go under the bonnet of their OS where there's no protection to delete a file/folder is a dangerous thing to do. For all we know, he could be trying to delete ntoskrnl.exe!

Unlikely, but stranger things have happened!

i have the show hidden files

but stil cant see it

if anyone knows a program that deletes anything with out in use error

that would help

i have xp sp2

rebo.ot your comp.uter, contin.ually hit f8 till you see the bo.ot up m.enu, choose com.mand pr.ompt, proc.eed to direc.tory and dele.te the fi.le.

SultanGris said:

I use . in words so the frickin int.elli.t.xt crap wont co.rupt my message with thier annoying a.d.ds. KILLEM
If it keeps you happy. Doesn't impress anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back