Can't download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hysterical

Im pretty sure i downloaded a virus when i downloaded a game called Cabal because whenever i open downloads section it takes 5 min to load and lags real bad while everything else work. When i did antivirus scan using the microsoft security it stops scanning at the cabal file in temp, and after 10 min it says it's working fine and when i deleted the thing it disables my microsoft security and make me lag real bad

how do i get rid of it

All 3 are free and good, they all check for known Viruses, it is user preference

MSE and AVG do a little more protection than Avira with link scanning and Spyware protection
MSE also requires that you have Automatic Updates always turned on (ie some users prefer manually updating Windows Security files)
AVG has recently changed to AVG9 but still is a little higher on system resource (to Avira)
Avira has been on the top of the best free non-biased Antivirus lists for some time
I use free Avira

ok right now i scanned everything and deleted everything but i randomly lost 15 gb of memory ... i checked every everything under cabal and used search function

Did you originally download Cabal from here: http://www.cabalonline.com/index.asp
If so, it doesn't look like a Virus infected site. Possibly you didn't even have a virus?

Try uninstalling Cabal fully (if presently installed) then re-download the game
If you feel you may have Malware installed still, please follow Tmagic650's help and provide the 3 logs

How is it performing now anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back