Can't enter BIOS

By Firebug
Dec 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I have a custom pc, and I am trying to turn of the automatic fan control (so I can use speedfan to control the fan speeds). to do this, I need to enter the BIOS, but I cant.

when I boot, my pc tells me to press DEL to enter bios, and I do, and... nothing

cue 10 , minutes restarting and mashing the hell out of my keyboard. still nothing.

I dont have a fn key to press, its a standard keyboard, no special bios, just the standard asus bootscreen.

any help?!?
  2. Benmar

Benmar Newcomer, in training Posts: 53

What kind of bios you have is it AMI BIOS, AWARD BIOS, PHOENIX BIOS ETC, try pressing f2 button..
  3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,383   +607

Try using a PS/2 kb. Your USB may not be detecting in time.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,676   +868

I dont think many people have PS/2 keyboards hanging around :p.

If what St1ck said does not work, try updating the BIOS.
  5. czar_jesse

czar_jesse Newcomer, in training

I'm using AMIBIOS sir...
  6. alio matt

alio matt Newcomer, in training

Try holding
    escape it works like that on my asus R500VD laptop with AMI bios
  7. dansharp2014

dansharp2014 Newcomer, in training

I've had that trouble. For me it was the USB keyboard. For some reason or other it's not detected on startup. I used a wired keyboard and it worked.
  8. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,682   +152

Try entering your your bios after a complete shutdown of windows. Then restarting windows. Some PC will not boot into the bios on just a restart of windows.
    learninmypc likes this.
  9. Philip Booth

Philip Booth TechSpot Member Posts: 18

I also think that using the USB keyboard often becomes troublesome as it is not detected.Try using a PS\2 keyboard as it will solve your problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.