cant find AGP settings in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwenborn

Hi, i want to change my AGP appeture size and i hear this can easily be done in bios. The i take a look to see my bios has few settings at best and goes not have any AGP settings. Does this mean i cannot acsess them or am i liklely to need a bios upgrade.

The only info i have about my bios is this:

Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.45
BIOS Date: 01/09/03
BIOS Type: Unknown
BIOS ID: TOSHIBA Satellite Pro 2100 BIOS Version: Version 1.40
OEM Sign-On: None
Chipset: Intel 1A30 rev 5
Superio: Unknown
CPU: Celeron 1800 Mhz MAX: 1800 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: No
BIOS ROM Size: 512K
Memory Installed: 256 MB
Memory Maximum: 512 MB
Memory Slot 01: 0 MB
Memory Slot 02: 256 MB

eSupport.com, Inc.
1-800-800-BIOS (2467)
www.esupport.com

:giddy: I would REALLY be greatfull if anyone can tell me what im doing wrong.

Your BIOS setup just might not have the option. Laptop BIOSes are not very configurable.

I may be wrong here, or I may be misreading what you said, but I don't think most laptops have AGP...only the newer ones with the upgradeable graphics do, I'm pretty sure.

Is that what you mean by "AGP aperature"? Like relating to AGP slots? If not, I'd be interested to know what AGP aperature is (I know aperatures on cameras, but I've never heard it relating to computers).

-JustinPS

hey it would be easily done in the bios but it depends on whether your bios has that option or not what is your agp aperture at right now? and what is your graphics card and have you checked on the internet to see if your graphics card isnt already at max on agp you may only have a 64 meg card or whatever it is. generally they come fully maxed on agp aperture.

i would also warn you about flashing your bios as you can only do it so many times and if you dont know what you are doing you could totally destroy the computer by frying the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back