Cant Find Cmos Jumpers On Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have forgotten the bios password for my Compaq Presario 2100 Notebook, I need to clear the CMOS. In order to do this i need to find the cmos jumper on the motherboard and havent been able too. PLS HELP

Notebooks do not have CMOS clearing jumpers. The password is there to make the thing thief-proof and having an easy way around that would be just daft, don't you think?

Usually there are two BIOS passwords - user and administrator. Perhaps you can find out what the admin pass is (that is if your current pass was user-level).

Contact HP support - they will probably ask you to take the lappy to a service shop where they will remove the password (after you have proven that you are the legal owner of the machine).

I appreciate your responces.

I have contacted compaq and they are of no help, I purchased the laptop at a local swapmeet and set the Admin. Bios Password myself. I have no way of locating previous owner I was told when I bought it that the warrenty was limited to 1yr.and was not transferable. I have exhuasted all my options and so if you could please help me I would be forever grateful. I am a single working mother and also going to school, my funds are Very Limited and the cost of sending it to a laptop repair tech is out of the question. I do thank you for your reply. SimplyShannan

Perhaps we could be of better help if we knew why you want to reset the BIOS. Are you having other problems that maybe we can focus on and fix and thereby negate the need for a reset?

If you really need to get in there, this link might help - but no promises.

response appreciation

Thank-you for responding and trying to help. The problem is that I set a admin.bios password on my laptop and now for the life of me cannot eremember it.I have been trying to find any info I can about getting past this. My compaq Presario 2100 notebook will not boot up without the password. :(

simplyshannan said:
Thank-you for responding and trying to help. The problem is that I set a admin.bios password on my laptop and now for the life of me cannot eremember it.I have been trying to find any info I can about getting past this. My compaq Presario 2100 notebook will not boot up without the password. :(
So, except for you not being able to get in to change any BIOS settings, you are able to use the computer with no problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back