TechSpot

Can't find LAN games

By Allmine
Feb 8, 2008
  1. Just recently my computer quit being able to "find" LAN games. I tried games like BF2, ghost recon and rainbow six lockdown, but my computer cannot find any games when my friends host a session. And when I host a game, they cannot find it either. I have tried two different routers, connected two computers directly, and spent hours working on the network settings. I checked the LAN status, and it tells me i am connected. I repaired the connection, restarted the computer, and disabled and renabled the LAN card, and it still does not work. I am running XP home with sp2. Somebody PLZ help!

2. DeepMartin

DeepMartin TS Rookie Posts: 89

i've had the same issue with halo (but no problem with ut04 nor AOE2)

on halo i just make a direct connection with the host's ip and it works maybe you can do the same with those games

it must be some setting somewhere which i dont know how to fix that doesn't let them see eachother, i am still learning with networking

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.