Can't find Microsoft Office 2003

By adu123
Feb 23, 2008
Post New Reply
  1. A friend of mine need Microsoft Office to do his homework, but the problem is that it wasn't pre-install in his computer, I suggest him go to microsoft.com to download the free trial version, but none of them are free. Does anyone know where can I download MO 2003(trial version) for free? Thanks
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,415   +281

http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx for 2007 stuff. I don't think you can get 2003 from Microsoft anymore because they are focused on selling 07 now.

2003 is probably out there somewhere, but I'd be careful where you get it from. Unless you just hate the ribbon interface in 07 it probably isn't worth trying to find 03.

Alternatively you could get OpenOffice for free. Unless you are doing very odd formatting in your documents or dealing with macros in Excel OpenOffice will work just fine. It will open MS Office documents and save to their formats.
  3. zipperman

zipperman Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,423   +7

Nope

Sorry it's not free.A trial version will only last 30 days if there is one.
    Try here for that.It's not a cheap software.
    www.Microsoft.com
    Or Windows Catalog
    These should be on your Start Menu.
    or search MSoft.
  4. adu123

adu123 TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 301

If I purchase MO 2007(installation discs) from any computer store, and then install them on my computer. Are they already in full version? Thanks
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,283   +281

google for OpenOFFICE; it is free and compatible :)
  6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,576   +76

Office 2007 is out and 2003 it history.. Office 2008 is on it's way so 2007 is going to be out quick. I use 2003 for now... Opensource OpenOffice one from Sun not bad. But everyone I know uses Office Suite though. Prior was Lotus SmarSuite but Office knock that out of the water.
  7. jobeard

Just because MS creates Version X+1 of any product (eg Office 2003 and now 2007),
    doesn't mean that the predecessor is trash nor must be replace.

Frankly, I've got a very stable Office 2000 and the suite runs very reliably --
    ergo no need or intent to update it and feed the MS money machine :)
  8. adu123

adu123 TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 301

Does it have the same feature as Word Document, PowerPoint, Excel.....?
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,415   +281

Yes. I'd like to note that I suggested that as an alternative back in the first reply to this thread.
  10. jobeard

the same features are available, but the user interface is different and you may need to poke about to find what you want :)

hey -- IT'S FREE!
  11. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,086

Try it, adu123...

it may be little hard to start, but you will for surely pick up very quickly.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.