Can't find Microsoft Office 2003

adu123

A friend of mine need Microsoft Office to do his homework, but the problem is that it wasn't pre-install in his computer, I suggest him go to microsoft.com to download the free trial version, but none of them are free. Does anyone know where can I download MO 2003(trial version) for free? Thanks

http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx for 2007 stuff. I don't think you can get 2003 from Microsoft anymore because they are focused on selling 07 now.

2003 is probably out there somewhere, but I'd be careful where you get it from. Unless you just hate the ribbon interface in 07 it probably isn't worth trying to find 03.

Alternatively you could get OpenOffice for free. Unless you are doing very odd formatting in your documents or dealing with macros in Excel OpenOffice will work just fine. It will open MS Office documents and save to their formats.

Nope

Sorry it's not free.A trial version will only last 30 days if there is one.
Try here for that.It's not a cheap software.
www.Microsoft.com
Or Windows Catalog
These should be on your Start Menu.
or search MSoft.

If I purchase MO 2007(installation discs) from any computer store, and then install them on my computer. Are they already in full version? Thanks

adu123 said:
A friend of mine need Microsoft Office to do his homework, but the problem is that it wasn't pre-install in his computer, I suggest him go to microsoft.com to download the free trial version, but none of them are free. Does anyone know where can I download MO 2003(trial version) for free? Thanks

Office 2007 is out and 2003 it history.. Office 2008 is on it's way so 2007 is going to be out quick. I use 2003 for now... Opensource OpenOffice one from Sun not bad. But everyone I know uses Office Suite though. Prior was Lotus SmarSuite but Office knock that out of the water.

Just because MS creates Version X+1 of any product (eg Office 2003 and now 2007),
doesn't mean that the predecessor is trash nor must be replace.

Frankly, I've got a very stable Office 2000 and the suite runs very reliably --
ergo no need or intent to update it and feed the MS money machine :)

Yes. I'd like to note that I suggested that as an alternative back in the first reply to this thread.
SNGX1275 said:
Alternatively you could get OpenOffice for free. Unless you are doing very odd formatting in your documents or dealing with macros in Excel OpenOffice will work just fine. It will open MS Office documents and save to their formats.

the same features are available, but the user interface is different and you may need to poke about to find what you want :)

hey -- IT'S FREE!

Back