Cant find USB mouse on W2k3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo343

Ive had some problems with a new(old) replaced motherboard. In the start the CPU showed 0 and 127 celcius but after a while with different work to narrow the problem it suddenly settled back to normal 28. Actually after moving the DVD to secondary controller hmm. (last step in a desperate chain of experiments hehe).

I got w2k3 installing on the DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(SocketA) and on a SATA disk on the Sil3114 SATA kontroller with textmode F6 driver installation. Everything seemed fine.

But i have a big problem getting it to detect USB mouse. Ive tried many and they all work on another W2k3(S478) machine.

The only relative difference i can see is that the s478 machine has the HID(human interface device) installed in system-hardware and the HID service started.

On the socketA machine i cant start the HID service and i think it is because the HID isnt present in the system-hardware list.

How can i trick/install the HID into the system-hardware? I cant find it in "add hardware". And is this the problem? Seems logical.

The Bios is set for USB 1.1+2.0 and USB Keyboard enabled. Ive also tried only USB1.1 set in Bios.

I installed the SP1 and hotfixes hoping it would fix the problem but it didnt. Ive also tried installing the driverpack for the Razer Diamondback and tried a Logitech Mx310 mouse. When i reattach the mouse, the laser/optics blinks 3 times and "unknown device" appears in the system tray on a USB icon.

A quick list of my inventory:
- DFI NFII Ultra Infinity with last bios 24. nov 2004 (socketA)
- XP-M2400, supported by the mobo.
- Windows 2003 with SP1 and service packs.
- Nforce remix 2.5.1 basically 5.10/5.11. Had problems befor installing it aswell.
- Directx 9.0c with SP1
- Forceware 77.30 on a 6600GT.
- Benq DW1640 on the secondary controller
- 250GB SATA barracuda on the SI3114 controller.
etc.

MS Intellipoint software

Try plugging in a different port (if you've not done so). Have you got a PS2 port you can use. Tried installing MS Intellipoint software.

ive tried all ports in front and back, same result. All that happens is that the mous blinks 3 times and "unknow device" appears in the hardware USB list.

Ill try to downloas MS intellipoint to see if that gives the USB HID thing a kick into the hardware list.

Ive gotten a below-par PS2 mouse to use in the meanwhile but i guess this will affect all USB devices so i should fix it.

After trying many things like
- importing hardware services into registry from another w2k3 server
- disabling serial and paralell port in bios to resolve any possible int conflict

It suddenly resolved itself. The weird thing is that it took a about 10-15 reboots and 8 hours before the mouse suddenly was alive and kicking.

But i seem to remember that the USB2.0 controller didnt show in the post bios hardware list until i released some interupts. And in the menu where you set int manually it seemed like there where two units trying to share the same int.

So it might have been a interupt conflict, even though thats pretty seldom on todays PCI int. sharing units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back