Can't format PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianTea

Ok, I tried to format my pc to install windows XP but it doesnt let me. This is what happened...

1.i clicked ENTER to install win xp
2.F8 to agree to the agreement
3.chose the unpartioned
4.format
5.it copies the files needed to install xp
6.it restarted the pc

then after it restarted it went back to number 1 again...anyone can help me out? Thanks.

Did you boot from the winxp cd and choose the unpartitioned space and do a full install not a quick one?

Is the drive being recognised in bios, have you tried formatting drive with a bootable system disk ?

Yes, I did use the win xp cd and did the full format not the quick one.

I believe the drive is being recognized because it did show up and it did show how big the drive is.

I don't havea booteable system disk and i dont know how to use it. :(

Did you take the CD out? Seems obvious, but I've helped some people who've forgotten all sorts of bizarre things/

Yeah. Looks like you left the CD in and pressed the key when it asked you to. Just boot from the HD and the XP setup should continue.

Originally posted by me(who else?)
Did you take the CD out? Seems obvious, but I've helped some people who've forgotten all sorts of bizarre things/

Thanks a bunch! hehehe yes I didn't take the CD out. LOL..probably coz I was frustrated and the weather was hot outside 96 Degrees:D I took the CD out then went into BIOS and change Firstboot back to my main HDD, then it continues..thanks!

Ok guys, I've managed to install XP. Now, after I reinstalled XP I installed my graphic card but it keeps on saying that my graphic card is not compatible with win XP...why is that? I have a radeon LE after that when I tried restarting the computer, when it logs back into windows it keeps on restarting by itself??????????

any tips?

Are you sure you installed the correct driver? Boot into safe mode and uninstall the vid card, then boot normally and try again with proper drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back