agissi

System Specs:
A64 4000+
Asus A8N-E nForce 4 chipset
2GBs PC3500 RAM in DC
80GB ATA HDD
80GB SATA HDD
orange case, jk

Hey guys - so I cant get my audio to work on my new mobo, an Asus A8N-E. Its brand new, and I've googled the problem a bit and it seems that many other people are having the same problem with this board.

The drivers off of Asus' website dont work, as commented on another forum, so I tried a later version of the AC'97 drivers (Asus' website has v.3.74 for download as the mobo's audio drivers), v3.96 but that still didnt solve the problem.

In Device Manager the audio drivers are displayed as there, and operating correctly, however there is zero sound output, and I have tried more than one set of speakers. Heres a screenshot of my device manager:

devicemanagermx3.jpg

Any ideas on different drivers to try,etc, anything! I just bought some $80 JBL speakers and I planned on using them with my new mobo, so any help at all is appreciated. -Thanks =)

Try and put in a cheap soundcard. I have had defective devices on my asus motherboard too (nic card).

Oh I think a sound card will work for sure.. Im hoping the audio device is fine and the drivers just arent working with it for some reason. Maybe I should contact Newegg after all =( I'd just rather fix it than RMA the poor thing.

Hmm, are all of your connections tight and in the right area of the sound input?

Yep double triple quadruple checked all that, tried multiple sets of speakers.

Install proper mobo drivers,, also enable onboard audio in BIOS ,,and plug into proper hole,, gl,

Onboard Audio is inenabled in bios, and if you read the full post I said the proper mobo drivers arent working for lots of people.

On this board does connecting the case front panel audio to the motherboard disable the rear I/O sound outputs? Maybe not but on my MSI board it does. Also, can you get analog sound from a CD if you connect an audio cable from the rear of an optical drive to the audio input on the motherboard, near the audio headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back