Can't get printer HP driver to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil_ski

Hi all
I recently did a system restore on my Toshiba laptop using the three discs provided by Toshiba.
I've been trying to reload the HP 5100 print driver but it's not working.
It all seems to load, but when the wizard instructs me to hook up the printer, the computer does not recognize, or sense that the printer is hooked up. Then I have to cancel out of it.
What can I do? My school semester has just started and I need my printer.

Help!
Thanks
Neil

neil_ski said:
Hi all
I recently did a system restore on my Toshiba laptop using the three discs provided by Toshiba.
I've been trying to reload the HP 5100 print driver but it's not working.
It all seems to load, but when the wizard instructs me to hook up the printer, the computer does not recognize, or sense that the printer is hooked up. Then I have to cancel out of it.
What can I do? My school semester has just started and I need my printer.

Help!
Thanks
Neil

Hi Neil

How are you connecting the printer, parallel or USB.

If its USB have you checked that there are no yellow exclamation marks under USB devices, this may mean that it has already detected the printer and had a problem installing the driver, remove it and retry.

Also if it is a USB, try another USB device on the socket and see if the USB is working correctly.

As a rule If I have any issues regarding a non working USB device, or USB socket, I remove the USB devices\root controller in device manager and reboot, this causes Windows to reload the device and install the drivers.

If its parallel, check the BIOS is set correctly there are several types of parallel port, can't remember them all but its something like EPP and EPP Extended, or similar.

Also check again in device manger that the parallel port is showing up, again it wouldnt hurt to remove it and reboot and let it get reinstalled.

Thats all I can think of for now...

Regards

HP had a diagnostic scanner thing that found the issue. I was missing something. I forget now.
But it works!
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back