TechSpot

Can't get rid of Conduit.com search

By macx
Mar 9, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Don't know where it came from, doesn't show up in the control panel programs/applications section.

Went into C drive, Programs, and deleted the Conduit folder, but altho that folder is no longer in C / Programs, that still keeps coming up at random times when I open XP and/or start looking for something.

Have also used CCleaner and scanned with Super AntiSpyware and Malware Bytes, neither of which found it.

Thanks for any help!

Booog likes this.
  2. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Booster Posts: 565   +47

I'm assuming your using chrome, go to Customize and control Google Chrome>tools>extensions<disable the Conduit search.

3. macx

macx TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 745

Actually I'm using XP as I mention, but thanks.

4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,855   +185

I think The Dreams means the Chrome browser. Not the os.. Try checking in your startup.

5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

Google and look for a recent thread about conduit on bleepingcomputer Web site which includes tools to use to remove it. Do NOT attempt to uninstall using add / remove programs as it will cause xp to crash. (That warning is also in that thread. In fact I think is the subject of the title of the thread)

Or go to our virus forum and Broni could surely help

learninmypc likes this.
  6. macx

macx TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 745

My goof on XP versus a browser.

I use Yahoo.

Thanks for the reference - I had already looked in add / remove programs
    but (thankfully as it turns out) it wasn't even listed in there.

I'll check that out.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.