Can't get rid of Gampass virus please help

By haysam
Jul 17, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I have gotten the gampass virus and cannot seem to get rid of it. I have used the 15 step process listed in these forums, I have spybot, adaware and super antispyware along with Nortons AV. Norton's finds the trojan but cannot delete it. When I run spybot and superantispyware they also find it and appear to delete it but when I restart the trojans are back.
    The only way I can use my computer is in safe mode .
    I only use my computer for internet browsing and games (I have lost most of the disks) so I would really like to clean instead of reformat .

Here is my Hijack this log(renamed as suggested lol)

View attachment 34279
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

When you run the scans, immediately run again in SAFE MODE... twice.
    Delete Norton after nothing the information you need to reinstall if you wish.
    Install Avir Antivir, and MalWareBytes. Run scans with both, then again in SAFE MODE.
    or buy Webroot Spy Sweeper or PC Tools Spyware Doctor 5.5. They both work.
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Excuse me: please address the second to last program in the HijkackLog:

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\xxxxxxxx.exe

Content deleted by me. If this is suppose to be the 'renaming' I think this person is wasting our time.
  4. haysam

haysam Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

No I really do need help been trying to fix this for 3 days, just named it that because I was very frustrated and didn't think I'd be posting it anywhere, anyhow its fixed and I would appreciate any help.

Do you think just keep downloading new adware programs will really fix it? I have 3- 4 on my computer already that doesn't seem to be helping??

new log:

View attachment 34286
  5. haysam

haysam Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Ok, I have ran all my cleaning programs twice in safe mode (no networking) here is the log:
    View attachment 34290

Thanks, I really appreciate any help.
  6. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,048

You still have a lot of vundo on there

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
    • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
      • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach this log with your reply
      • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
      • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Attach a fresh hijackthis with the MBAM Log
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.