Can't get rid of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFlyer

Have been trying for a while to clean up some hijack symptoms on my XP computer. 1. Slow startup, it sits on the “Welcome” screen for a at least one full minute before showing the desktop. 2. Internet home page hijacked to www.kzdh.com , some Chinese page. As soon as I set it correctly, it goes back to the hijack page (even running S&D IE tweak to prevent this). 3. Cannot get rid of registry enter “"C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NTService32.dll",Run.” (reappears as soon as I remove it using any tool, regedit, HiJackthis, etc.) 4. Winlogon process runs at 50% at all times.
5. S&D finds WSearch but cannot really remove it. (looks like number 3 above.) Running eTrust 7.1 antivirus with daily updates. No viruses found. I found this string on the forum http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=92095&st=45 but it didn't fix me. Don’t know if this is one big bad bug or several. So, I present my hijack this log,,,

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system has at least one nasty infection.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of FredFlyer only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

OK here is the new HighjackThis and AVG logs. AVG says is would quarenteen the files but failed.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

TRISNA~1
SSI

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

SysEnforce

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

SYSENF~1.EXE

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: cnwin Class - {EC497BD8-460F-44F0-B2A4-8C2B2198035B} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Desktop] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NTService32.dll",Run

O16 - DPF: {37A273C2-5129-11D5-BF37-00A0CCE8754B} (TTestGenXInstallObject) - http://asp.mathxl.com/wizmodules/tes...enXInstall.cab

O20 - AppInit_DLLs:

O23 - Service: SysEnforce - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\TRISNA~1\SSI\SYSENF~1.EXE

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\PROGRA~1\TRISNA~1<Delete the entire folder.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\NTService32.dll

Once your system has rebooted, rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as an Attachment.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of FredFlyer only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

OK done the procedures. SSI is gone now (not a problem). HJT will not remove the runndll.exe for NTService32.dll. The NTService32.dll file itself is gone and I get error loading it when I boot up. The home page still gets hijacked to www.kzdh.com. And WINLOGON.EXE is running at 50%. Also the AVG said the files C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\msprotect.sys, C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmbig.dll and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cakad.sys are bad things but nothing (AVG, Killbox or even regedit and trying to delete the files through Explorer) will not remove these things. Well back to you Mr. Howard...

Download combofix.exe. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "Y" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log. Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Bravo, Sir Howard! :grinthumb I think you got it! No home page hijack. No offending run entry in the registry. WINLOGON is sitting idle at 0%. Check out these logs to verify I'm clean. And thanks so much for your expert work. YOU ARE THE MAN!!! :giddy: :bounce:

Well done, your HJT log is now clean.

Now would be a good time to clean out your old system restore points and anything nasty that`s in them.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. This will delete all the old restore points.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have created a new, clean system restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back