Cant get to Welcome screen

By portajohn7
Nov 15, 2008
  1. Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista Home Edition.
    When I got up this morning, I went to turn my computer on, and I got the Windows Error Recovery screen. This is'nt the end of it.
    I proceeded to fix the issue, but right after i pressed enter, the screen went black. Not the black like it is when power is off, but like a lighter black, if you know what i mean. I waited for ten minutes or so, and still nothing.
    From there, I just held the power button down till it shut off, waited a couple minutes, then turned it back on. Same Error Recovery screen, but this time I tried the Start Windows Normally option.
    After about 3 minutes of the Yellow bar scrolling across the screen, a blue screen flashes VERY quickly, less than half of a second. The screen goes COMPLETELY black, then the computer restarts itself. I haven't been able to figure out what exactly is going on, which is why I came to you guys.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. portajohn7

portajohn7 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Alright, I tried turning the computer off and I got the dreaded "blue screen of death."

Technical Info:
    ***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF98A007, 0xF7772CB80, 0x000000)
    *** win32k.sys-Address BF98A007 base at BF800000, DateStamp 41107f7A

Beginning dump of physical memory.
  3. Rottenweiler

Rottenweiler TS Rookie

Look into the recent announcement about Dell models having NVidia chips...there seems to be a sort-of recall going on...check the Dell forums. I believe the 1525 is amongst them. Do you have NVidia chip?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.