Can't Get Video Card Driver To Install

SeanInTulsa

OK, so I've been having trouble with my computer for awhile. It started as soon as I updated to Windows 10. Broni was helping me with it here:https://www.techspot.com/community/...d-freeze-up-tons-of-pop-ups-in-chrome.219271/

He suggested I come here with it.

The last thing I did to it was uninstall Comodo and reinstall Comodo. The version of Comodo I reinstalled was released specifically to address the issue of Comodo having problems with Win 10. No noticable change.

I've been a Google Chrome user for years. It got where Chrome would freeze up and crash in just an hour or two after a restart. Same with Microsoft Edge and Firefox. Maxthon works better, but still starts having problems after 6-8 hours.

The other day, I was watching a video in Chrome. It was jerky, and the sound continued on for a good 15 seconds after I closed the browser. I began to wonder whether I might have a driver problem.

With my old rig, every couple of months, or so, I would go onto the Intel site, it would auto-detect my processor, and download the latest drivers. Then I'd go to the NVIDIA site, and do the same.

I went to the NVIDEA website, but the auto-detect wouldn't work. I updated the GeForce Experience software. It showed a driver update available. I downloaded it, but each time I tried to install it, it failed.

After the first failure, the second of my two monitors went dark. Windows 10 no longer sees it.

I just tried the GeForce Experience software again. It showed a newer driver available that was just released yesterday. I downloaded it, but it, too failed on the install.

I went to the AMD website and downloaded the driver update tool. It sees my processor, but says no updates are available. My rig is about 18 months old. Is it plausible that no driver updates have been released since I bought it?

As I was writing that, I got a message from Windows in the lower right-hand corner of my screen that said "Can't Install Updates: Click here to fix (or something like that)". It went away before I could click it, and I don't know how to get it back.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

You really need to reset Windows 10. Do this by going to Settings, Update & Security, Recovery. Try keeping your files first. After the recovery completes, apply all the updates first...

You have 2 recovery options. Keeping files, or not keeping files. Comodo may have to be installed again, but you have the Windows 10 version now. Windows 10 went though a big update just recently. Windows 10 works well on most hardware, but most people install it on top of another version of Windows and sometimes this doesn't work very well, as you may know now...

Back