Can't install cumulative updates windows 10 64 bit home

nope guy

Its been a long time since I was able to install a cumulative update I always get the same error during installation 'installation could not be completed undoing changes' I only have this problem with cumulative updates....and I made sure that services are running...so what can I do? 64 bit and I have enough space for installation

If you're trying to install multiple ones at a time, you might try one or two at a time. Is that what you're talking about?

If you're trying to install multiple ones at a time, you might try one or two at a time. Is that what you're talking about?
no even if I try one at a time it fails .....the updates are 2 AMD driver updates (which also get an error)and a cumulative update KB 4019472....I tried running the troubleshooter but it didnt help

To upgrade to a new version of Windows 10 via Windows update may not be possible unless all updates are in place. I had this issue with my 32 bit Anniversary edition. A hefty cumulative update stubbornly refused to install and changes were always rolled back wasting a lot of time. I waited until the Windows 10 Creators edition launched and I went an alternative upgrade route. Using the Windows Media Creation tool you can update to the latest version of Windows 10 and retain all your programs, documents and settings. Just take it carefully and allow a couple of hours.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...1cb3e98459)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUdUnU35689)(

To upgrade to a new version of Windows 10 via Windows update may not be possible unless all updates are in place. I had this issue with my 32 bit Anniversary edition. A hefty cumulative update stubbornly refused to install and changes were always rolled back wasting a lot of time. I waited until the Windows 10 Creators edition launched and I went an alternative upgrade route. Using the Windows Media Creation tool you can update to the latest version of Windows 10 and retain all your programs, documents and settings. Just take it carefully and allow a couple of hours.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...1cb3e98459)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUdUnU35689)(
is the update size big? because I have a very slow connection and the power in my country is sometimes shut down

Yes, I'd guess maybe 4Gb so that's not going to go well. I was unable to find any reason why my desktop kept refusing to complete the cumulative update. Everything seemed fine. No problems since either.

Nevermind I fixed it turns out I needed to update my win 10 from 1607 build to 1703 and update it to the last version manuallyi did it using the iso file everything worked!

Back