Can't install Vista Ultimate 32bit updates KB935509, KB938371, KB937287?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterproof

I am trying to install SP1 for Vista standalone which didn't work, so anyway I was told that the following updates KB935509, KB938371, KB937287 are needed, I tried to install these standalone and from the update history (all said it failed in installing it to my Vista)

Anyone know a way to install these updates? I am running on a genuine Vista Ultimate but with no service packs installed.

Did you try restarting the computer after each failed attempt? Vista Service Pack 2 is available. Try downloading and installing Vista Service Pack 2. You don't have to have SP1 installed to do this. Not all updates are needed for every system...

Did you try restarting the computer after each failed attempt? Vista Service Pack 2 is available. Try downloading and installing Vista Service Pack 2. You don't have to have SP1 installed to do this. Not all updates are needed for every system...

Yup tried that and I can not install SP2 without SP1 which is what Microsoft says when I downloaded SP2.

I guess Vista Service Packs aren't like XP"s... Do you get any error codes? if so, what are they?

had the same problem.
got solved.
here's how

1. Close all the open windows.
2. Click "Start", click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
4. In the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped

5. Click "Start", in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select "Rename" and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. Still in "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.

had the same problem.
got solved.
here's how

1. Close all the open windows.
2. Click "Start", click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
4. In the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped

5. Click "Start", in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select "Rename" and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. Still in "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.

Tried it, failed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back