Can't Install Windows XP Pro on HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LipsOfVenom

I have tried installing XP pro 32 bit on 3 different hard drives. It gets past the formatting and setup of files, but when it reboots after the 15 seconds, the screen says "unable to verify DMI pool" and "disk read error" or something like that. I've installed XP on all 3 of them before, but I recently got malware so I had to format and reinstall, but I can't get to the Windows XP logo (formatting and file setup work though). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Try a different XP cd. The disk could be bad. You could also try deleting the primary partition and create a new one then do a full NTFS format.

It sounds like the disk is bad. Are you sure the HDD's are reformatted as NTFS and not as FAT32?

Regards,

Korrupt

Try cleaning the disk with a soft moist cloth or something similar.

There is a program called SpinRite 6.0, which will fix any bad sectors or any physical damage done to your hard drive. All you have to do is to create a diskette and boot from it, follow the instructions and it will fix your problems. E-mail me for this program at adrian_746@hotmail.com

you must to a complete 0 write to drives
virus's can fake out the drive make the sector look bad format does not use the bad sector or cluster and bam yer system gets corrupt
burn a good 3rd party utility and write the whole disk I do it twice
then try to load xp if still error
reset cmos on the MB try again
last thing is a bad disc / bad reader

It was just a bad IDE cable. Spent 2 days switching and formatting different HDD and its just a stupid cable. I'm switching to SATA now to reduce clutter; they cost about the same anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back