Cant load bios from driver error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first im putting this in drivers cause I know thats were the problem began.First I reinstalled windows xp and downloaded the drivers.First did the network or lan what ever to get my internet to work.Got that to work but still had no sound went into device manager and saw a ! on one of the sound devices so clicked it looked for driver through the internet and couldnt find one. So went back to acer website my manufacture of my pc and got my audio driver there were 2 a foxconn and a realteak I got both went into device manager in attached the to now i did have to do some things i didnt have to do with the other ones like I chose the device to install did a couple things not really sure sorry I did a lot that didnt work and some that got me a litle further I wish I knew for sure but anyway a message pop up came and said something like by doing this your computer might not work proply etc hit yes to proceed or no to cancel..Well me being frustrated and just thinking that it was a protocol messeage I unfortanitly hit yes my pc restarted and basically is frozen on the acer screen saying hit f12 for boot option and delete for something well I hit f12 and delete and nothing happens it just stays on that screen any help?

Just re-install Windows clean:

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

You can also find your correct Acer Drivers here:
Acer Drivers

Do a fresh install of OS, install Chipset driver, install SP3, then start installing the rest of the drivers.

I wish I could do that but I cant do anything on the pc I turn it on and it just stays on the acer screen saying f12 for boot and del for setup.When I hit both they do nothing still just the acer screen.

I think I should tell you what all ive done so far wich isnt much im stuck and cant really seem to get any good results.First just thinking it was a HDD problem I took it out put it in another pc of mine and it work fine no problems at all.So I dont think it is the HDD.Second I took out the cmos battery unplugged almost like usb,HDD,CD drive,monitor,etc left it out for at least 6 hrs and still same result.Im stumped.

Put the Hard Drive back in the other computer, then remove the partition (you can even leave the original harddrive of that machine out (so as not to accidentally remove that partition)

Removing the partition is better than formatting

Oh and then return the unpartitioned harddrive to the original computer

Turn off the laptop, remove the battery, hold the power button for 30sec. This will reset the bios and will allow you to boot properly.

ok first not a lap top probly would of saw that if you actually read forum but ok thanks for the try but i did remove the portion but same thing stil froze on the acer screen and still wont let me hit anything just stays frozen

]I took out the cmos battery unplugged almost like usb,HDD,CD drive,monitor,etc left it out for at least 6 hrs and still same result.
Well that CMOS Button battery just needs to come out for 20 secs. BUT, you also need to short the Bios Reset Jumper (with the button battery still out)

This "jumper" is usually located right next to the battery
Usually, there are 3 pins, and the jumper is usually connected over two of them (we'll say 1 and 2 pins)
You take out the little jumper and put in on the other 2 pins (we'll say 2 and 3 pins)
Then return it to the original position (we'll say 1 and 2 pins) then put the battery back in
Then turn on

It may also be faulty Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back