Cant load windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrekeva

Ive had this computer for 6 months. About 3 weeks ago ,it started freezing up and/or crashing in WOW ; all other programs were fine.
After a few attempts it would crash to a blue sceen with the following message: "A wiat operation,attach process or yield was attempted from DPC routine......beginning dump of physical memory.....physical memory dumped.."
Ive upgraded video,sound and motherboard drivers,reinstalled the game, called tech support....
I decided to go ahead and reformat and reinstall Windows; however, whenever i try it goes through loading the initial setup and locks up.After a few tries i will get the blue screen with same message and have to cut off the computer for 5 minutes.
The system is the following:ATI Radeon x1950, Corsair DDR800 memory 2 sticks of 1gb memory, soundblaster X-Fi, WD Raptor harddrive,AMD Dual core FX-62 and ASUSMSN-SLI Deluxe MB.
ANy Ideas ?????? Derreke

You may find this hard to believe, but I have fixed many PC's with "Physical Memory Dump" errors by replacing the Hard Drive. You might give this a shot.

tested memory

I tested the memory and it seemed fine. What is the working temperature of M/B and processor usually.....my processor was 69 C and my MB was 42C..Isnt this a little high??

yep - a tad high. get a new and better CPU cooler with some arctic silver thermal grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back