Cant Logon To XP Without Safe mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabrone

So my girlfriend's computer has run into a dilema and I am the one who has been chosen to fix it. She is running XP Pro, with P3 and 512 mb of memory. The problem just happened this weekend when she booted up. She doesnt remember what she did (OF COURSE) but when she boots up and enters her password it says logging in, logging off, never actually goes to windows. I booted in safe mode, disabled all startup items, and also did a system restore (In safe mode it worked once, but i havent been unable to do it again) any Ideas, this computer has been running fine for 2 years with windows me, i upgraded to XP about 1 month ago and there havent seemed to have been any problems until about 3 days ago.... thanks alot guys

come on guys!!! lol... i noticed something else today, i booted into safe mode works fine, but when i boot with networking support it doesnt work...

Check to make sure it's not trying to log into a domain. It should be trying to log into the local computer which is the computer name. Just an idea.

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back