Cant make it past "Install BF2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I've been trying to reinstall my Battlefield 2 (Uninstalled it some time ago) but a friend wants me to play with him.

So I found my CD and tried to get rolling, but upon further discovery it seems my PC wont go past the startup, you see all the natural things like "EAsy Info" etc, just your standard startup menu.

but when I click install it COMPLETELY locks up my entire PC, If I start another Explorer it locks that up too, this is just a tad weird, I've searched this site a bit and followed some stuff, deleting registries to see if that was it and all, but no dice.

Can anyone help me?

I am using : Windows XP. I have all the stuff needed to run BF2 (Obviously) seeing as how I've played it no problem before.

You could try running the set up from the CD directly.

Go to My Computer > Right click on the BF2 CD and click Explore > And then look for a file called setup, install, or something similar.

If that doesn't work try dumping the files to your HDD, just make a folder on your desktop and drag the contents of the BF2 disc over to the folder and run the setup from in there. If your computer locks up during the transfer or the transfer fails it's a possibility the disc could be damaged, try it in another computer and see if it does the same thing.

If it works simply delete the folder once you're done.

=> start at EA support site here
=> Click Advanced Search link
=> Select the Product (your platform ) and Game. Select Category of Technical
=> in the blank line (under Category) type: Install
=> Click the Search button

Look through the search results for relevant info (there are a few)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back