Cant Open Any Exe Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxrock2006

HELP ME PLEASE I CANT OPEN ANY EXE FILES THEY HAVE TURNED INTO LNK FILES AND ICON HAS CHANGED I CAN NOT RUN ANYTHING PRETTY MUCH NOT EVEN RESTORE AT EARLIER POINT WHEN I BOOT RIGHT AT THE SCREEN THAT LETS YOU LOGIN USER A WINDOW COMES ON THAT JUST HAS A FEW SYMBOLS ON IT AND MAKES HIT OK OR WONT EVEN START CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS ALL I CAN DO IS GET MOZILLA WORKIN I GOT YAHOO MESSY TO WORK THRU IT TO BUT I NEED TO GET EVERYTHING BACK TO NORMAL I WAS USEIN ADWATCH AND KASPERSKY I DELETED KASPERSKY AND DOWNLOADED NEW VER. IE AND MACAFEE THAT CAME WITH COMCAST AND NOW I HAVE ALL THESE THINGS HAPPEN :blackeye: :confused: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
JXROCK

go to this link, https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ . follow the instructions to the letter. you were far better off with the original set up of AV and Ad-ware than you are with McAfee, well that's my opinion!!
don't forget to get the latest version of 'hjt', and then place it in it own folder within prog files or docs and setting, ( not on desktop). after this you need to rename hjt, eg, 'hjt analyzer 1991'. on completion post a fresh hjt log. good luck!

Will This Work Even If I Can Not Open Any Exe Files i still have avg on it but cant use it and i did begore it crashed totaly and it sisnt find nothen maybe that hijack program but can it be opened with dos thats how i got some stuff opened and how

are you able to stop the problem process from running from task manager?if you are unable to run any programmes at all, you may need to consider formatting the drive

Hi

Nope I think your well stuffed, as tomrca says I think your only option is to backup what you can and reinstall.

Regards

No I Cant Nothen Will CLOSE In Taskmanager I Dont Know How Do You Reformat Anyways Can I Run Windows Restore With Dos AND IS THERE SOPOSSE TO BE ANYTHING IN REGEDIT UNDER EXE IT SAYS VALUE NOT SET

You got hit by spyware! Get yourself either Panda Antivirus or AVG Antispyware and clean your machine, you might have to repair/ re-install your os!

try booting in safe mode and go through the instructions given. in Tomcra's first post

Please watch your capital letters. Its considered rude and shouting to be typing in CAPS ALL THE TIME!

if you wish to format your drive. you will need to reboot. as your pc is starting up press F11 on and off continuously until you get boot selection. select your CD/DVD ROM, insert windows OS disc then press enter. then follow instructions that will appear on your screen. you should then see a blue screen with information and more instructions.

your pc has been infected by gaelicum.exe. this virus, modifies all your exe files (byte 52 from the start) and makes them useless. the icons will change as it "eats up" exe files. the virus regenerates itself. to kill this virus, go here
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/112/lng/us/tpl/tpl01
and download vlceaner.exe. it will find all the instances of the virus and kill it.

ok ya all thanks for the help i can not run anything safe mode keyboard wont work and normal i can not run anything but browser i did get open the reg. and found there is nothen in there for the .exe tho but i cant figur that out so i am just gonna reformat i have a copy of windows comein in the mail thanks for everything peeps sorry about CAPS ya all i just type and always have them on :p wont happen no more take care :wave:

thanx for everything guys been a real help i will keep comeing here i like this site and it has dont me alot of good everything is runnin great now if ya have any good programs or advise let me know tomrca plz and thanx i am runnin avg anti spy and windows fire wall and usein firefox explorer you think i should change ny of that or download any others thanx again guys
john

although you are running AVGAS, you still need an AV programme. if you cant afford to buy one as yet go here for AVG free version and here for a free firewall.

the link i have brings me here, but you questions isn't.
Anyway! if you like AVG, they do have a suite available. you can get more information HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back