Cant open any programs in admin account/ avg keeps coming up with trojan generic 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

twist86

so a few days ago my pc kept getting pop up wanting me to buy expensive antivirus software after ignoring it i came to try and browse in firefox today and im being denided permission to open anything in my admin account. the control panel and my computer section still work. i was able to open a guest account and seems to be working fine but avg keeps opening when i switch back from admin into guest acount say threat detected name trojan generic 17.flr???????????? any ideas how to restore my pc?

Time to switch to Avira Antivir, Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Defender, MalwareBytes, and SuperAntispyware if you really want to rid your machine of these time-wasting pests. AVG simply cannot handle these sorts of infestations any more.

Please download and run the below tool named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) which may help allow other programs to run.

There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.

Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as Administrator

You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

* Rkill.com
* Rkill.scr
* Rkill.pif
* Rkill.exe

* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
* Do not reboot until instructed.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

Once you've gotten one of them to run then try to immediately run the following.

Now download and run exeHelper.

* Please download exeHelper from Raktor to your desktop.
* Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
* A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
* A log file named log.txt will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com
* Attach the log.txt file to your next message.[/LIST]

Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

======================================================================

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

Download HijackThis:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
by clicking on Installer under Version 2.0.2
[DO NOT download version 2.0.3 (beta)]
Install, and run it.
Post HijackTHis log.
Do NOT attempt to fix anything!

NOTE. If you're using Vista, or 7, right click on HijackThis, and click Run as Administrator

yes im running windows defender, malwarebytes, and hyjack this. just need to know how to get rid of it now that i do have it

will that work in a guest account cuz i cant load that in the admin acount as nothing will open for me to use the net?

after clicking run from downloads the black dos box opens but then windows say it cant find the rite program to run it with?

Which program are you talking about? rkill?
You need to download it first, then run. Don't run it from download window.
You have 4 choices there, try all 4. One of them should work.

k ive tried each one and i click save/run file the black box is coming up and the same "cant find proper file to run" keeps coming up but the black box stays open, till i close it?

exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20091220
Run at 22:15:55 on 03/17/10
Now searching...
Checking for numerical processes...
Checking for sysguard processes...
Checking for bad processes...
Checking for bad files...
Checking for bad registry entries...
Resetting filetype association for .exe
Resetting filetype association for .com
Resetting userinit and shell values...
Resetting policies...
--Finished--

do you know what othe rprogram other then windows defender and the vista secur is good to prevent it from happening again?

it weird nothing would work in the guest account but everything in the admina ccount has gone back to norm? can get the combo/hijack log that came up after cuz it would not let me access the net from guest account

weird tried downloading HJT in admin account and it say its finished in my donw load window but cant find it in the window or inn my downloads after?

is it important to review this log?
Very important.
Look in root C: directory for combofix.txt file.
If it's there, please post it, if it's not, re-run Combofix from admin account and post the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back