Cant open control panel, or edit registry, or change properties on desktop

By br549redneck
Sep 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good afternoon I am following this thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html and have completed step 10 just wanted to start a thread for when I needed to post files I would already have a thread started. After going through the 10 steps I still cannot do any of the steps mentioned in the title of this post I will update this thread when scans are completed
    thanks redneck
  2. br549redneck

br549redneck Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Run the programme and click the "Perform in-depth search." Allow AVG to complete the scan. The AVG scanner will give the "Rootkit path" Do not fix anything yet. Let me know what is found in your reply and I`ll instruct you on how to proceed.
    as instructed here is what was found waiting for your instructions
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\Kuk52.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\symavc32.sys
  3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Run combofix as per the instructions in step 12. Post all the logs that you can that are asked for in the instructions and we can see what needs to be done.

This thread is for the use of br549redneck only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  4. br549redneck

br549redneck Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

here are the requested logs everything seems to work fine I am also getting a pop up window asking me to send this suspiciuos file to ESET
    \??\C:QooBox\Quaratine\C\Windows\system32\drivers\symavc32.sys.vir
  5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,438

I found some nasties in your HJT log, please delete the following:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)

O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe

O16 - DPF: {B64F4A7C-97C9-11DA-8BDE-F66BAD1E3F3A} - download.cdn.winsoftware/files/installers/cab/WinAntiVirusPro2006Free Install.cab

Rik will help you with the rest, because I don't really know how to work with ComboFix ;)
  6. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

I need you to run AVG antirootkit and let me know what it comes up with.

This thread is for the use of br549redneck only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.